"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

July 16, 2010

Pink Chocolate Gift Box

Today I'm joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for her Pink Saturday linky party.  Also, Laura at Along For the Ride.

I made a cute little chocolate gift box.  It's very easy to make and I actually got the idea from Shelley at ShelleyHopps.com.  Click on her name and visit her, her website is just full of creative and fun ideas.

Here's what the completed box looks like:

 
Here's what you'll need, a small hole punch or circle punch


1 piece of solid color scrapbook paper 3 11/16" X 8 1/2"
2 pieces of solid color scrapbook paper 2 1/5" X 2 1/2"
1 piece of decorative scrapbook paper 2 5/16" X 2 5/16"
1 piece of contrasting scrapbook paper 7 1/2" X 5/8"



A ruler, a pencil, 3 small Ghiradelli chocolates, scissors, bone folder (or spoon), double sided tape.

First, take your largest cut scrapbook paper (measurements from above 3 11/16" X 8 1/2"). 

Using your ruler, mark the paper as follows.  At 2" at  4" at 6" and at 8" as shown below.  Again, using your ruler, mark the paper at 1" and 2" along the length of the paper.  Here's what it will look like:
TIP: you can use a pencil and after your paper is folded, you can erase the lines.

Next, cut off the squares I marked with an X and cut on the bold lines I marked below:
  End result will look like this:

Next, for along the solid lines and crease with a bone folder or the back of a spoon to make the folds.

Now fold the box and glue or tape it in place, it should look like this:
Next, take the smaller pieces (from measurements above solid 2 1/2" X 2 1/2):
  
Next, take your circle cutter or scissors or hole punch and punch out all four corners from both pieces:


Next, glue or use double sided tape to place one smaller piece on top and one on the bottom.

Next, do the same for the decorative scrapbook paper square
Glue or tape with double sided tape to the top of the box:



Next, fold your strip of paper (from measurement above 7 12/16" by 5/8" to fit around the box, this will hold the box closed.

use tape to close the strip

Next, find an embellishment to add on top.  I used a pink flower I made.  You can find the tutorial for the flower Here
Front view:


Linking up to Pink Saturday, come and join in on the fun at this linky party.





Pink Saturday



13 comments:

  1. Cute box!!! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That box is so adorable, I love the polka dot paper! And to be filled with chocolate...pink and chocolate, it's perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, I would keep my hair pins in that. I love what Nancy said too, about chocolate and pink being a great combo :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely darling box! TY for sharing such a clever idea!, Maria.

    Happy PS ~
    Have a lovely summer's eve ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I really LIKE that box! It's something I could do as well. Nice as little favor boxes where you want to give everyone something - like you could put some candy in it and give to people at a dinner party.

    Thanks.

    Thanks also for coming to my blog and following. I followed you and I WILL be back,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! Happy Pink Saturday <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so darn cute!!! You are good my friend!
    XO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like such a fun project! Glad to drop by and get to know your site!

    It's me!
    http://calej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute project and Thank you for sharing about "I owe it all to Him" and the link up.
    It is wonderful! Also thank you for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to say, I totally know what you mean about wanting to redecorate your whole house all over again after going to IKEA!!!Makes me crazy so I only visit once or twice a year, thankfully it's like an hour away:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm chocolate...

    I have an award for you.

    http://ahippowithaheadband.blogspot.com/2010/07/one-loverly-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails