"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

July 07, 2010

Is There A Chocolate In The House?

On Friday night I will be going to craft party at a friend's house and each guest is asked to bring a small hand made gift to trade with another guest. Hmmmm what could I make that will bring a smile to someone??? My idea came in a two part series.  My best friend posted a questions about chocolate yesterday on facebook and I thought, most ladies I know LOVE CHOCOLATE. So I knew my theme for my gift would be CHOCOLATE!!!

Now for the second part of my idea: Today we had an earthquake in California and it was slightly felt in the Los Angeles area.  Sitting there on the sofa watching TV, I felt the quake and thought, "wah-lah! I'll make a fire extinguisher cabinet".

"Yes, yes tell me more Maria",  you say excitedly,

"but instead of the extinguisher, I'll place a CHOCOLATE or two inside". See, my crafty mind works even in the face of danger.....that could be a bad thing.   I've always said, I'm a  craft-a-holic and a choc-a-holic.  I wonder what Freud would say about this!!! would I be chocraft-a-holic? actually, that sounds like a dinosaur. 

Here's how I made it:
I found a small wooden box I purchased at a yard sale for ten cents, it was pretty but I knew I wanted to do something different with it.  I gathered my supplies; acrylic paint, red and white, a sponge brush, a hot glue gun and CHOCOLATE
I also used a transparency to print "In Case of Emergency Break Glass"



 I first took off the pink flowers and  painted the wooden box red on the outside and white on the inside

I then used the glass as a template to cut the transparency and replaced the glass with the transparency.
 Seriously, you have to do this part, you wouldn't want your friend getting hurt by actually breaking the glass and then chewing on CHOCOLATE covered in glass, safety first my crafty friends.

I then hot glued the CHOCOLATE  inside, first I placed a large one but decided that the two smaller ones looked better:


This will definitely bring a smile to someone who loves CHOCOLATE as much as I do.  A variation of this idea would be to place a gift card inside for a shop-a-holic.





Linking up to:

PonyTails and FishScales



15 comments:

  1. This is a super cute idea. I will have to replicate it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I saw this on Fishscales and came right over. I think this is a great idea! Just brilliant! Quite a few times today I would have already broken that glass :D Eveshouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute and creative! And who doesn't love chocolate....I'd raid those snickers in no time! This would be an awesome gift for anyone....esp. teachers! Thanks for linking up to It's Party Time Thursday@PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is CUTE!!!

    Funny that an earthquake gave you the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo clever! I LOVE this idea! Visiting from justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a super-duper clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CLEVER!!!!!!! You could even sale those to other craft-a-holic and a choc-a-holic. There are many out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea. I definitely need one in my house, except it would be continually empty. I'm sure I'd have lots of chocolate emergencies!

    Kat
    BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and very clever! These would be great for teacher appreciation too! Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link. I would love it if you would come join my link party sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE! What a clever idea!

    And thank you SO very much or stopping by - and the follow. Your words were too sweet! Can't wait to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails