"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

July 11, 2010

Shrimp Cocktail

Today was a lazy day all day, I'll have to admit. We watched the soccer game and did very little else.

GO SPAIN!!!

I cheered for Spain because, after all, part of my roots go back to Spain.  If you got a chance to watch it, you were probably sitting at the edge of your seat, like me. And, if you were rooting for Spain, you probably went running around your neighborhood with your arms up in the air when they scored the goal..........no?????

Neither did I, I just ran in circles in my living room screaming...... G O O O O L (goal)....... 



We decided to celebrate with Shrimp Cocktails.





Servings: 4

Ingredients:

6 cups small uncooked shrimp
5 cups warm water
1 cucumber, diced
2 small avocados, diced
1 cup ketchup
salt to taste
lemon wedges
4 slices of garlic bread (optional)

Clean, devein and remove shell from shrimp. Boil 5 cups of water in pot. Add shrimp to boiling water and let cook (it will curl and the water will turn white) about 4-6 minutes. Once shrimp is cooked, remove pot from stove, let cool about 20 minutes.  Move all pot contents to a bowl.  Add diced cucumber, diced avocado, ketchup, salt to taste. Serve with a lemon wedge on the side and a slice of garlic bread. You can serve it warm or cold.



5 comments:

  1. You didn't have a pink Saturday post (unless I missed it) this week, but I wanted you to know I featured you on mine! I love your blog!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that looks delicious! And while I didn't watch, I have a home in a city with deep Spanish roots (St. Augustine), and I would have cheered for Spain, too!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! My husband and I don't have Spanish roots but we were cheering on Spain, and he did a couple of fist pumps when they scored that goal :D hahaaa it was fun. I'm not a shrimp type person, but that garlic toast looks delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Great idea for a light and easy meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria,
    I was so excited for Spain too!!! How awesome! And your shrimp cocktail looks great!!!

    Thanks so much for joining in yesterday...that was so awesome...

    I'm going to have an easy peasy one this week...just asking people to post their favorite Bible verse...
    Have a blessed day.
    Cindy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails