"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

April 29, 2010

The Clown

Today I was inspired by my blog friend Jeannette at Counting Our Blessings and her beautiful poetry. She posted a poem she wrote when she was in high school that meant a lot to her back then.

I wanted to share a poem with you that I wrote back in Middle School, when I was thirteen years old.  It's very short in words but very deep in meaning for me.





The Clown

I put on the make up to look kind of funny but it’s only my eyes who betray me.

I make people laugh, I do it for money, at times I wish they could see inside me.

If I was of glass they wouldn’t laugh because believe me, inside, there’s nothing funny.

People would cry and that would be bad because I wouldn’t get any money.

They pay to be happy at least for a while since happiness can’t last a lifetime.

If I take this make up off, they won’t recognize me, of course you may already know it.

I’m only a clown when I have the make up on but when I don’t, the clown in me? I’ll never show it.

This was how I felt at thirteen but today would be a whole 'nother poem, it would be a happy clown......it's funny that I chose a clown since I don't like clowns......at all! they creep me out.   My parents took me to a circus when I was nine and, for what ever reason, I decided back then that I didn't like clowns or the circus! go figure.  I don't really have an explanation, I just don't!

Hmmm, I wonder what my psychologist friends would say about all this?



Linking to:








The Girl Creative

5 comments:

  1. I am stopping by from New Friend Friday! I love the name of your blog - so different but so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I liked yours very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're a happy clown now. I loved reading your posts about your husband's grandma and your neighbors. And I think your organza wreath is beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Visiting from NFF.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I am your newest follower from Friday Follow!
    Would love if you would stop by mine and follow me back also! Have a Great Weekend!
    www.aubutfamily.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails