"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

March 31, 2010

Easter Table

For Tablescape Thursday and Pink Saturday, I wanted to post pictures of my Easter themed table. I love the colors. I wanted to add my Easter houses but I couldn't find them. I wonder if my husband took them to charity???? goodness, talk about panic attack.

I told my oldest son who's ten years old that we were going to celebrate Easter at a friends house. I thought he'd be delighted since the couple has a boy his age. But, to my surprise, he was not. He actually got a little upset and said he didn't want to go. He looked up at me and, with a little attitude, said "what? is he my niece? or is he my uncle? is that why we have to go there?" ......of course I couldn't hold back the laughter, I tried but his reaction was just too funny. I wonder if I was as confused as he when I was his age; cousin, niece, nephew, uncle..... I think in his mind they are all one and the same. But no worries, I did explain to him the relationship between nieces and uncles, that is after I got up off the floor from rolling with laughter. Don't worry, my son has a good sense of humor and thought it was funny that he made me laugh so hard.
Here are my pics:

                  click pictures to enlarge




 Dishes are Martha Stewart Garden colection, got them at Marshall's


 








This is the dinner plate:


By the way, today was my last class for Cake Decorating at Michael's (the arts and crafts store). I had so much fun in this class, and we had such a talented instructor.  I learned more than I thought I would and now I'm not so nervous to decorate cakes. I'm actually pretty good right now but I do need to practice. This was for course 1 for beginners, look what I made: Delicious!

But, actually first, I should show you how BAD I was at cake decorating, prior to taking this Wilton Class at Michael's.  CAUTION: UGLY PICTURE AHEAD:









































I dare you to double click on it to enlarge it on your screen.  I'm telling you, Wilton saved me from being disowned by my family and friends!



Now for the big reveal, TADA:



































20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Everything is lovely...but that cake! I have always want to learn to decorate a cake and had NO idea that Michaels gave classes on it.
    You did a fantastic job!!

    Your Martha Steward dishes are adorable! Your whole table is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is beautiful, those plates especially. GREAT job on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your setting and good luck on the cake decorating. I took a Wilton class years ago and still break out the tips and bags for holiday cakes and treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delicious! Your table is lovely-Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. maria,
    your decorated table looks to cheerful and welcoming -- such happy colors! i enjoyed seeing your before & after photos of cake decorating (great idea!) -- you've done a wonderful job! yummmmmmm! thanks for sharing -- & for stopping by my blog last week for pink saturday. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...I love the cup and the saucer! Good job!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is beautiful. I love the plates (and the cake looks delicious too!) Happy Easter, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful spring tablescape...the cake is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my dear, thats a fantastic cake, has your son already seen it? You are an artist. And the dishes looks gorgeously.

    Wish you a happy Easter.
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. OM! that cake is beautiful! Good job girl!
    The table setting is lovely - lucky you getting such a good deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tablescape and a gorgeous and very edible cake. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria..your table is breathtaking!..and that cake!! wow! I have always wanted to take one of those classes..I just may do it!
    Happy Easter & Happy Pink Saturday too.
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post..Happy Easter & Happy Pink Saturday.
    I'm having a giveaway, please feel free to drop by and join in.
    Have a great weekend
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Pinks! Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely! I just wanted to sit down and stay a while. May you have a blessed Easter.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful table!

    You can find the tutorial for the napkin rings here: http://iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com/2010/03/napkin-rings-on-cheap.html

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you come by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your tablecloth and your dishes are so lovely. Lovely cake decorating. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did learn a lot and turned out a beautiful cake. Good job. Happy Belated Easter and Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your table setting is so beautiful! i really like the poppy print on your wall too! Happy Easter Monday!....Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi!
    ok you are so good at the table scaping ...the first cake looks a bit...melty, like the room was too warm, so it wasnt your fault!
    the second one looks just lovely though. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails