"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

October 27, 2010

Halloween Tablescape

This month is just flying by so quickly, don't you think? I feel like there's not enough time to get anything done.  Even my ten year old was commenting on how fast this month has gone, go figure.  I've been soooo tired lately, I think it's my body saying...."Maria, slow down".......

I haven't had time to visit any blogs, I've been so busy.  I miss visiting your blogs these last two weeks and feel like a junkie needing her fix, haha.  I'm walking around all jittery and looking for every opportunity to look at home decor and craft magazines.  I'll have to make some time soon to come over and visit you or else I may just implode.....did I ever mention I'm a craftaholic?....yes, it's about time I admit it.  "Hello my name is Maria and I'm a craft-a-holic"..... BIGTIME!
 
I love creativity and I get it through visiting your blogs.  I follow the most AMAZING blogs in blogland.  If this is your fist time here, please feel free to visit my list of followers and you'll see what I mean.

For today, I'm showing my Halloween tablescape.  I kept it pretty simple:

I totally forgot the flatware, oops! I guess we'll eat with our hands and fingers, haha!

I got the skull plates at the Party Supply Store.  They are made out of melamine, very cute an shiny.  They have a matching bread/dessert plate.  They were very economical at $3 a plate.  I purchased half a dozen little plastic cauldrons and placed candy inside for each guest:
Even the red roses are in the Halloween spirit! look at them acting all creepy:


to make the pretty glass Halloween vase, click here

and let's not forget the mouse, eek! 


I added some caution tape down the center of the table:

and a styrofoam chain on the light fixture for added drama:
cute fluted champagne glasses to drink grape soda in, you don't have to drink champagne from them exclusively.  It's fun to use them for soda:





the rest of the pictures are tables from the Los Angeles County Fair, tablescape show room.  This first table is themed with A Nightmare Before Christmas, Disney movie:
















check out the witch's boots:





HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE AND I SINCERELY WISH YOU  A CREEPY, SCARY, GOOEY, SPOOKY WEEKEND!





I'm joining Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for her Tablescape Thursday linky party. To see more tablescapes, please visit the party by clicking the linky button below:


36 comments:

  1. love your table, Maria! it is sooo ghoulishly crafty! I am thinking your family will enjoy it indeed!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is really cute, I love the plates! Have fun:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table decorations! I follow several blogs that enjoy table decorating and all of you do such a fantastic job. In the downtown condo, I'm lucky if I can find napkins that match! I especially love the caution tape!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very fun! Love your Halloween table! The black drink (grapes soda) was a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria,
    Wonderful post! I love the crow vase and checked out the directions. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful photography.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fair tablescapes are cool but I really like yours the best. That rat on the table would surely help me eat less....lol....You set a beautifully creepy table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria! LOVE your Halloween table!.. The plates, the yellow caution tape, the little goodie-cauldrons... ALL of it!! The tables from the fair are fun to look at, but I got the biggest kick out of the witches' legs table legs!! How CUTE is THAT!!! Fun post today, but my gosh, do I understand being "BUSY" right now! Just remember to stop, take a breath, and take that break whenever you need to (while I try to remember to do the same!)... And while roses are out of season... don't forget to smell the pumpkin pies! Have a great day! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for dropping in with your wonderful comment. I love your table!! wow. and thanks for sharing all these lovely tablescapes with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous table. That opening shot you posted from above, showing the chains, the bust and the caution tabpe - great!! This is such a creative table and I love hanging things from the ceiling or chandelier.

    Oh, the Nightmare Before Christmas table - how incredible, every little detail. I love the fence. I would love to do the witch feel on my tables but they don't have any legs. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute table-I love the caution tape and your table cloth. Also love the Nightmare Before Christmas-that was my theme for this week. The witch feet on the table is a great idea. Thanks for sharing these with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is great!! Those dishes, the are pretty I didnt even see the skulls at first. Of course love that vase you did! Those darn witches feet crack me up, I would love to go to that fair. I got part of my order and the other part not yet...I am so thrilled though. This looks just adorable. You have to have a party with allt hat and those bottles you made with the vampire juice etc. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maria,
    thank you for your visit and your sweet comment. Your tablescapes are great, too. Despite I am don't love so much all this scary items, the tables look very fashionable. Thank you for sharing them.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maria, omg, your tablescapes are beautiful! I love all the details and hard work that you put into them.

    Thanks for stopping by to say hello. I just finished another one today. I see how people get hooked.

    Take care,

    Kathy in Central Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria, those plates are wonderful -- at first glance, they just look like a lovely pattern, and THEN you notice the skulls! The chain is a great touch -- but I might have to move that rat off the table before I could eat! Thanks for visiting my table this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, I've been looking around at blogs trying to find good decorating ideas for a table on Saturday night and landed here. I love what you've done! Luckily, my daughter, who is into all things skeletal and skullish, has a great collection I can steal (borrow). Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved your table - and the kids will love it too. This time of year is fun isn't it?

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  17. At least blog fixes are free!
    Table legs with shoes - do you think folks will get it? Now that's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the white on black charger, and then the plate on top. Makes everything not be so black.

    Love the table. Who needs forks, it's Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now you done it! My daughter saw the Nightmare before Christmas table and she wants to replicate it! Love the witch's shoes on the table legs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a creepy table, Maria! Not sure if I would be able to eat on it wit those mice!!!

    I love that movie nightmare befor Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Spooky! I love all that you did with your table. The witches boots on the table legs of the Nightmare before Christmas table are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa!!! That bust on your table is really, really creepy!!! Yikes! You did a great job! Have a Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your table, but my favorite are the roses, lol!! Brilliant! Kind of reminds me of the Addams Family, but I think she cut the blooms totally off. Love it! Also the table with the shoes is too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your skull plates are really good looking, and I'm not even a big fan of Halloween. Great tablescape! Thank you for sharing your perfectly spooky design and for the pics of the display tablescape. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all the inspirational tablescapes-especially the witches legs and boots-!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi. Wow! I had no idea that tablescaping was so popular. I love the witch legs. I am your Nov. ATC swap. I look forward to getting to know you over the next couple of weeks. Talk to you soon, Denisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your table. You are so creative.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your tablescape as always it looks amazing! Wish you could come decorate my table for the holidays! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Thanksgiving! Hope you link this up to my first ever linky party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2010/10/pink-hippo-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. You're a craftaholic? Or just plain crafty? :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow. this really makes me want to start setting a table again.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Nick,
    When your are broke in college, basically counting pennies, and you choose to buy craft supplies (rather than groceries) when you do have money, you are pretty much a craftaholic!!

    I'm not saying I did that.....at least not too many times...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Stacey, stay tuned in the next couple of days I will post a tutorial on how to make your own witch's boots.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The witches boots are AWESOME!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So many great ideas! I featured it here http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-fab-5-friday.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails