"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

March 14, 2013

Hand Made Card and Gift


Hello Bloggers!!! today I have an awesome project I know you're gonna love as much as I do.  As you can see from the picture above, I spent some time with Tim Holtz on Sunday at the Carson Rubber Stamp Convention.  He is such a joy to watch and interact with.  I also got to meet Mario, I KNOW!!! both in one day!!! I can't believe I actually spent time with them and hung out with them.  Mario even gave me a few tips on my die cutting tray. 
 
I was so inspired looking at all the dies that I decided to make this adorable greeting card.  The flowers are inserted in a pocket and have a pin on the back so that the person you give it to can use it on her hair, how cute is that! Its a card and a gift!!!



Here's what you'll need:
various pieces of fabric, organza, felt, a rubber stamp with a nice sentiment and ink pad.  I'm using Ranger's Distress Ink in brushed curduroy.

You will also need some jewelry findings and hair pins:

 
I used Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  You can find it here: Simon Says Stamp


Run your fabric over the die through a die cutting machine like the Big Shot found here.
Here are the completed flowers after layering the pieces with hot glue and attaching a jewelry finding to each one:


Add a hair pin like the one shown to the back of each flower with hot glue:
 Make a pocket using a piece of cardstock using a small staple gun. The size of my pocket is: 6" X 1 3/4" The size of my card is 6 1/4" X 4 1/2"

 Lastly, stamp your sentiment and hot glue a charm. I used Distress Ink by Ranger, brushed curduroy, to coordinate with my paper. 


and here's the finished card:







Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a beautiful day!

To see more Tattered Florals projects, visit Tim's site:
http://timholtz.com/tattered-floral-challenge/



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty - I love those. Hope you are doing good. sandie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails